8.03.2009

girls camp 2009!

I have been gone this whole past week at Girls Camp on our Stake property. I had so much fun! I thought I'd share a few pics from my week.
Because of all our summer rain, we were able to see so many beautiful wild flowers that aren't usually around this time of year.
One of my favorite parts of the property is the meadows. It's what always comes to mind for me when I think of Girl's Camp.


One other thing we got to do was have fires! It's been a while since we could have a fire due to the property being too dry. My ward's camp daddy was awesome! He taught us how to make our fires colorful.. they were so pretty. You get a copper tube (from Home Depot) and cut it into smaller pieces (like a foot long). Cover the copper tube in a hose that's cut to the same size. Put it into the fire and you have blues and purple flames with the orange. It was crazy! I am definitely doing it my next camping trip (which happens to be the Tetons this weekend). I learned all kinds of fun camping stuff. Believe it or not, I've never roasted a starburst before, and I couldn't get enough! I'll also be doing banana boats my next campout. Lots of fun stuff!!




My fav..
I love girl's camp!





2 comments:

Cami said...

Ooh! Love the fire picture! Very cool!

Paris said...

I really like the last picture. I wouldn't mind blowing it up and hanging it in my house.