9.15.2011

Refinished Hutch Yo Diggity

I finally decided to work on this hutch, and I have to say.. it's my favorite piece of re-done furniture.



I'm a huge fan of grey and gold combos right now, so I used some leftover muddy grey Behr Premium in perfect taupe. I have been spray painting furniture like crazy lately, and thought I would give my head a little break from inhaling it. Also, my pointer finger is a little bit tired. But the good news is my garage is slowly getting cleared out! The goal is to be able to actually park a car in there. I know, high expectations, but Jess and I are really driven... After I finished the grey, I antiqued it with black antiquing glaze from Lowe's. But after the glaze, I decided to add a metallic gold glaze from Martha Stewart's collection at Home Depot over the other layers. On the inside of the hutch, I sprayed it with gold metallic spray paint from Krylon. It just might be my favorite.

Come back to see how to make super easy ruffle pillows!


6 comments:

nana said...

I'm impressed! Love reading what you're doing. . .Marilyn

Deidra said...

Soooooo beautiful! Love it!

Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor said...

You did a marvelous job on the hutch, and I just love it.

Cansas said...

LOVE IT!!! Great job Linds, it's beautiful! I need to come shopping with you and get some projects to work on.

The Allen Family said...

Linds, that is so stinkin cute!! You did a great job!

Carrie Randall said...

I want you to make me one, and then drive it across the country to bring it to me! Not too much to ask, right! ;)