1.29.2012

DIY Valentine Wreath


Valentine's Day is definitely my favorite holiday and I thought I'd share a wreath I made a couple years ago. I was pretty upset when I left my box full of Valentine's Day decor outside on the deck only to get rained on.. I'm blaming my pregnant brain for that. My feather wreath was all shriveled and sad. So I had to re-do it. But that means I can give you an idea of how it goes!
All you need is
2 wire hangers
1 feather boa
glue gun
ribbon


I really didn't take many pictures along the way since it's so simple.. and I used my old wire hanger because I'm lazy. All I did was connect the hangers together shaping them like a heart. I like using the hangers because they're a thick wire that's bendable without being too touchy and bending where you don't want it to.
Here's what my hanger skeleton looks like..
how sad are all those old feathers still hanging on?
pretty sad
And just when you thought it couldn't be easier, you just glue the feathers straight on to the metal. I twisted the boa around maybe three times, but for the most part I just glued it straight on.
Tie your ribbon and you're set!
This project ends up costing less then ten bucks!
If you have questions, feel free to post them.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: